- Visitors to our websites, mobile applications and social media platforms ("Sites");
- Contact persons for our customers and/or prospective customers;
- Contact persons for suppliers or vendors and/or prospective suppliers or vendors of goods and services; and
- Any other individuals about whom we obtain Personal Data (defined below).
Personal Data means data, whether true or not, about an identifiable individual, including where that individual can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which KAP-G has or is likely to have access ("Personal Data"). If you choose not to provide your Personal Data or provide incomplete or incorrect Personal Data, we would likely not be able to provide our goods or services to you.
Personal Data we may collect, use or disclose include:
- personal information, such as your name, gender, date of birth and nationality;
- contact information, such as business address, billing address, delivery address, email address and mobile phone or land line numbers;
- payment information, such as bank account number, credit card numbers, and any other payment details;
- transaction information, such as the products you have purchased or obtained from us;
- technical information, such as internet protocol (IP) address, and how you use and view any content on the Sites; and
- marketing and communications information, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us, our affiliates and partners, and any third parties, as well as your communication preferences.
2. Purposes for Collecting, Using and Disclosing of Personal Data
We generally do not collect your Personal Data unless: (a) it is voluntarily provided to us by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your Personal Data to us (your "authorised representative") after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have consented or, where permitted by applicable law, deemed to have consented to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data for those purposes, or (b) the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Data without consent is permitted or required by the applicable laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional Personal Data and before using or disclosing your Personal Data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or required by law).
If you provide Personal Data of any third party to us, you represent and warrant that such Personal Data is up-to-date, accurate and complete, and that you have obtained the necessary consent and permissions from that third party, or otherwise take any steps, in order to disclose his/her Personal Data to us, and for us to collect, use and disclose that data in accordance with this Policy.
We may collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes:
- performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you, including but not limited to:
- Delivery and installation of goods
- Repair and/or inspection of goods and other after-sales services
- Customer support
- Operations related to quotation and order of goods
- Operations related to payment of goods
- Planning and development of various goods and services
- Responding to customer requests (requests for documents/information, product introductions, visits, consultations, etc.)
- Announcement of new products and event campaigns in our business and delivery of e-mail magazines
- Advertising, sales, promotion and marketing activities
Failure to provide your Personal Data may result in us being unable to perform our contractual obligation.
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- managing your relationship with us;
- processing payment and credit management;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority, or courts. Where your Personal Data is required for such compliance, failure to provide your Personal Data in such circumstance may result in us and/or you being in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- transmitting data to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities for the aforementioned purposes; and
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
We may disclose your Personal Data where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you.
The purposes listed in the above paragraphs may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
3. Disclosure of your Personal Data to Third Parties
We may occasionally disclose or transfer your Personal Data to third parties (including related companies and our affiliates) for any of the purposes stated in paragraph 2 above. We will ensure that such disclosure and transfer of Personal Data is in compliance with all applicable laws (including where necessary, by subjecting third parties to the necessary data transfer agreements or binding corporate rules, and requiring them to implement security measures at least as stringent as ours to protect your Personal Data), unless otherwise prescribed by applicable law or regulation.
Such third parties include but are not limited to:
- Financial institutions and logistic companies that provide services to KAP-G and store your Personal Data;
- Tax companies, insurance companies and other companies that provide services to KAP-G;
- Service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above-mentioned purposes stated in paragraph 2.
- Lawyers, advisors, consultants, arbitration institutions and courts;
- Government agencies; and
- Kyocera Corporation ("KC") and other companies within KAP-G.
4. Withdrawing your Consent
The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your Personal Data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it, or sooner if required by law.
Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose Personal Data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is authorised or required under applicable laws.
5. Data Subject Rights
You may request a copy of your Personal Data that is in our possession or control, and information about the ways in which your Personal Data has or may have been used or disclosed during the past year.
You may also request that we correct an error or omission in your Personal Data that is in our possession or control.
Subject to the applicable laws in your jurisdiction, you may also be entitled to right to request the disclosure of the acquisition of your Personal Data, right to data portability, right to object, right to erasure, right to suspension, right to withdraw consent, and right to lodge complaint to the personal data protection supervisory authority in your country.
If you would like to request access to or correction of your Personal Data, please make your request in writing to one of our Data Protection Officers (please see paragraph 9 below). To the extent permissible by applicable law, we may charge a nominal fee for the processing of any access request from you, and we will respond to your requests within 30 days or sooner if required by law.
It is important that the Personal Data you (or your authorised representative) provide to us is accurate and complete. You are responsible for informing us of changes to your Personal Data, or in the event you believe that the Personal Data we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date. Please update us if there are changes to your Personal Data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
If you wish to make a complaint relating to our processing of your Personal Data, please inform our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you may also make a complaint to the applicable data protection regulatory authority in your country.
6. Security Measures for Your Personal Data
To safeguard your Personal Data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have put in place appropriate administrative, physical and technical security measures, and we disclose Personal Data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
7. Retention of Your Personal Data
We may retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
We will cease to retain your Personal Data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose(s) for which the Personal Data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
8. Transfer of Your Personal Data outside the country
We may occasionally transfer your Personal Data to other companies within KAP-G and KC and third parties outside of the country in which you are located (including to Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam), only on a need-to-know basis and for the purposes stated in paragraphs 2 and 3 above. We will ensure that your Personal Data is transferred in compliance with applicable laws, which may include the use of data transfer agreements or binding corporate rules. The recipient entity shall implement security measures at least as stringent as ours to protect your Personal Data.
9. Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officers (also known as Grievance Officers) are responsible for ensuring KAP-G's compliance with the laws protecting personal data, developing and implementing policies and practices that are necessary for KAP-G to meet its obligations under the laws, addressing complaints and grievances with respect to the processing or use of Personal Data, and making information about our data protection policies and practices (including the complaints process) available on request.
Contact Person: Data Protection Officer
Contact Number: +65-6271-0500
Contact Postal address: 298 Tiong Bahru Road, #13-03/05 Central Plaza, Singapore 168730
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cookie: A cookie is a small information file exchanged between a user's computer and a website that enables identification of the user who visited the website.
- Web beacon: A web beacon is a technique used together with cookies to reveal how many times a user has visited a particular page.
KAP-G does not directly collect and use information concerning a user's browsing history of the web, collected through cookies, in a manner that allows us to identify individuals without the individual's consent. However, third parties to whom we or our group company outsource the distribution of advertisements to may use the cookies stored in your computer to facilitate the placement of advertisements which promote our products.
However, if you disable or refuse to accept certain cookies (e.g. session cookies), please note that some parts of our Site may become inaccessible or will not function properly.
- Use of Google Analytics
Our Sites use Google Analytics to collect access log data for the convenience of our users or to improve our Sites, but the collected access log data does not contain information that can identify individuals. The access log data is used to administer our Sites only, and for no other purpose.
For more information about how data is collected and used by Google Analytics, please click on the following link: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Use of behavioral targeted advertising
11. Effect of Policy and Changes to Policy
This Policy applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data by us.
- This Site may contain hyperlinks to and from other websites, web pages and/or apps which are not operated or maintained by KAP-G ("Other Sites"). Such Other Sites may have privacy practices different from those described here, and you should read the privacy statements of the Other Sites.
Effective Date : 18/02/2022
Last updated : 18/02/2022